APRIL 22, 2014
DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF A STRONG LEADER IN OUR SCHOOL? ANY STUDENT LOOKING TO BECOME A MENTOR FOR THE FRESHMEN ADVISORY PROGRAM NEXT YEAR, PLEASE PICK UP AN APPLICATION IN COUNSELING. THE DEADLINE IS APRIL 25TH. SEE MRS. MCCORMICK IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
SUMMER DRIVER ED
Only about one week left to sign up for summer driver Ed! Deadline is Thursday April 17. Bring your registration and payment to counseling. Limited seats available. Mrs. Pappas
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION
Summer School registration forms and payment are due in counseling by April 25th to reserve a seat for a first semester class.
Homework help will be after school on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in room 219. Students must arrive by 3:25.
Juniors – Important Announcement about testing on April 23rd and 24th
· No student will be admitted into a test room without presenting their school ID; if you do not have one, please get one ASAP
· Please make arrangements NOW to store your cell phone on test days – cell phones will not be allowed in the test rooms. If a student displays a cell phone in the test room at any time, they will be dismissed and will not have an opportunity to make up the test
· Be prepared with number 2 pencils (not mechanical) and an ACT approved calculator
· Be on time – arrive at 8:00a.m. on BOTH days – no Resource Hour on Thursday – late students will not be allowed to test
· Sign up for Brain Boot camp with your PE teacher!
· Please contact your counselor if you have any questions or concerns Mrs. Pappas
- Juniors interested in running for office next year should pick up an application in room 145 ASAP. Officer packets are due Friday, May 9th! Elections will be held on Wednesday, May 14th at our after school meeting.
- NHS Scholarship essays are due Friday, April 25th…no exceptions.
- Senior community service hours are due Friday, April 25th. Junior hours are due Friday, May 9th. No late hours will be accepted! Ms. Boone and Ms. Siska
See Mrs. Bennett in Counseling if you are interested in any of these events.
Technology Career Fair - Students interested in computer technology are invited to attend the Technology Career Fair on April 25th at Moraine Valley Community College. This event is geared towards high school students who would like to learn more about careers and training options in technology careers - specifically in Local Area Networks, Mechanical Design, GIS, CGI, Office Systems, and Electronics.
Women Everywhere Program - On April 25th female students will have the opportunity to attend the Women Everywhere Program at the Bridgeview Courthouse.